CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blessings in Disguise

A lot of times, we may look at things in life as if they are a bad thing, or a tragic event or circumstance that we have to endure.  Situations that arise, sickness or injury to the body, a layoff from a job, missing the bus for work, or whatever else.


Before jumping to conclusions, I think we may do ourselves huge favors if we tweak our thinking, and try to look at the positive side of things.

A couple of examples from my own life show me that blessings can come in diguise!

I have had a breathing problem my entire life.  It isn't quite asthma, but a lot of times I just can't get a full breath.  As a teenager, before I was a Christian, I didn't always make the right choices, and wanted to be "cool" like the other "cool" teenagers.  Thankfully, due to my breathing problem, I was never able to take up the habit of smoking, like the teens around me.  Now that I am almost 40, I am grateful that I am not battling with this addiction that contributed to the loss of my dear daddy, who died 20 years too early.  My breathing problem was a blessing in disguise.

I plan to post my testimony on this blessing around March because it was when we received this miracle, but will briefly mention it here.  My son was partially deaf in one ear, and needed surgery to correct the problem.  I had Dakota prayed for before he was to go in for his pre-op appointment, and when he went to his appointment, his hearing had raised 30 decibels in his ear, and his hearing is now perfect in both ears.  God healed him!  He no longer needed surgery!  This was 3 years ago, and he passed every yearly physical perfectly!  But you know, had we not been faced with this situation, we would still be thankful for all that God has done in our lives.  But because we were facing a delimma, God once again gave us a miracle, and showed us his greatness!  I was blessed to see THE Healer touch my child, and my child was able to build upon his young faith that God is alive and cares about each and every one of us, and wants to move in our lives.  It was a blessing in disguise.

My husband injured his knee and needed surgery, so was unable to do his job as a tree climber.  I still remember my father-in-law encouraging that maybe God had something better for us.  That year became a year of financial blessing for us.  It was a blessing in disguise.

Maybe our car not starting saved us from a tragic car accident.  Maybe forgetting milk and having to make an extra trip to the store gave us the opportunity to help an elderly customer who couldn't find what they needed.  Maybe the flat tire had a meaning, or maybe having to wait an extra 15 minutes on a friend meant something too.

Blessings are all around us-I think we just need to take life as it comes without much complaining and look for the positive side of our situations.

1 comments:

emergency cash loan said...

A positive attitude is everything in a difficult time. I see this alot in my business, but always make sure you have some hope out there. I know these times can be very difficult.