CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Only Me

For God so loved the world....


Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.


Matthew 9:10-13 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.


Matthew 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


I clean homes as a part time job, and my customers do not always stay home while I am there.  

While I was cleaning at one home, the phone rang and the answering machine picked up.  I could hear the voice on the other end, and she said, "It's only me.......give me a call."  The voice on the other end was an elderly sister or friend to my customer.

This voice message stayed in my mind, and I thought about how alone and insignificant we can feel in this great big world.  In the grand scheme of things, what difference do I make, when I haven't done some great thing to change the world, or my last name doesn't make people stand up and take notice?  After all, it's only me.

When I've looked in the Bible at how Jesus treated people, He had time for the people that seemed insignifcant to the "important people" of the day.  He loved children, and let His disciples know that the children were welcome to come to Him, even though they hadn't done something big to change the world, and were most likely not noticed by many people outside of their families.

I often think about when Jesus sat and ate with the sinners and publicans.  The religious people of the day looked on in their self-righteousness and had a critical additude that Jesus would take time for the "unimportant" folks.  Once again, the Lord displayed His love for all mankind.  Everytime I think of this story, I picture Jesus laughing and joking with the sinners and publicans.  His love for us that was manifested in the flesh intrigued folks and drew them to Him-He didn't snub His nose at them.  Jesus, the great Physician, came to help the sick-He didn't push them aside for more "important" folks and think, "It's only the sinners."  He loved them enough to die for them.

For the last 20 plus years that I've talked to the Lord, He has never made me feel like "It's only me."  I may feel insignifcant within myself, but He's always invited me to share myself with Him, to give Him my heavy burdens, to share my greatest moments, and He has always had time for me.  I've never felt Him turn me away for something or someone more important than me.  He continues to draw at my heart because He loves me and wants to be my companion, my helper, my keeper, my healer, my Saviour.  

What a marvelous, wonderful Friend!



0 comments: